After graduating from Yale University with a B.A. in English
(cum laude), I have worked as an editor for the last thirty-plus years. I have
helped authors at all stages of development and editing, and my goal is to polish
your work-so that it is in the best shape possible for submission to agents,
publishers, contests, or for self-publication.
Extensive experience editing (developmental and copyediting) fiction and nonfiction books for First Books and Inkwater Press, Portland, OR, including:
- Africa Trek I and II, by Alexandre and Sonia Poussin
- Getting Lost: Mishaps of an Accidental Nomad and Globejotting: How to Write Extraordinary Travel Journals (and still have time to enjoy your trip!), by Dave Fox
- Sorcery at Caesars: Sugar Ray's Marvelous Fight by Steve Marantz
- Sesame Street Dad: Evolution of an Actor by Roscoe Orman
- The Happy Soul Industry by Steffan Postaer
- Whispering Wires by Philip Metcalfe
- An Irish Experience: Travel Tales Flowing from History, Humor & the Search for Home by Howard G. Franklin
- No More Broken Eggs: A Guide to Optimizing the Sports Experience for Athletes, Coaches, Parents, and Clinicians by Tom Morin
- Running the Seven Continents: Tales of Travel and the Marathon by Clint Morrison
- Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle by Stephanie Snowe
- A Bridge to China by Julia Meek
- The Love Ceiling by Jean Davies Okimoto
- Noble's Gold by W.C. Craddock
- The Mayan Shard Caper by John Keshishian
- Newcomer's Handbook series of guidebooks to cities throughout the U.S.A.
Extensive experience editing (developmental and copyediting) medical and allied health books for F.A. Davis Co., W.B. Saunders Co., and J.B. Lippincott Co., including:
- Principles of Airway Management by Brendan Finucane and Albert Santora
- Heart Disease in Women, Pamela Douglas, ed.
- Stress Testing: Principles and Practice by Myrvin Ellestad
- Perspectives on the Mitral Valve by John Barlow
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease, William C. Roberts, ed.
- The Medical Interview: A Primer for Students of the Art by John L. Coulehan and Marian R. Block
- Electrodiagnosis in Diseases of Nerve and Muscle: Principles and Practice by Jun Kimura
- Neurobehavioral Disorders: A Clinical Approach by Richard L. Strub and F. William Black
- Seizures and Epilepsy by Jerome Engel, Jr.
- Clinical Neuroendocrinology by Joseph B. Martin and Seymour Reichlin
- Principles of Behavioral Neurology by M-Marsel Mesulam
- Women and Exercise: Physiology and Sports Medicine, Mona Shangold and Gabe Mirkin, eds.
- Drugs and the Athlete by Gary I. Wadler and Brian Hainline
- Essentials of Biostatistics by Robert C. Elston and William D. Johnson
- Kidney Transplantation, Luis H. Toledo-Pereyra, ed.
- Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, Clayton L. Thomas, ed.
© 2009 Linda T. Franklin. All rights reserved.